GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] ADMIN: For LIAM: Sig files/advertising at the bottom of pages (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/47623-%5Bibc%5D-admin-liam-sig-files-advertising-bottom-pages.html)

Jim Lewis 22-11-2003 03:06 AM

[IBC] ADMIN: For LIAM: Sig files/advertising at the bottom of pages

Sigh . . . Have I ever mentioned how I HATE faked up addresses .
.. .

Liam . . . even when I take "FAKE" out of your address, Hotmail

says you aren't there, so I now have to pester everyone.

Can you please eliminate the multi-line commercial at the bottom
of your messages? We request that members use only a maximum
4-line bottom signature.

The primary reason is that large sigs take up excess room in our
archives -- but also not to mention opening the bonsai list to
all kinds of questionable advertising. (And please don't blame
it on Hotmail. Other Hotmail subscribers manage to send mail
without the ads.)

Many thanks,

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai
List
manager

----- Original

Thanks for any feedback.

Liam

WWW.INTERNETCAMERASDIRECT.CO.UK

Want a new camera? You'll find great deals on digital

cameras and camcorders at Internet Cameras Direct.
I have bought from them myself and consider them to be

reliable and to offer very competitive prices.

href="http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk/clickclocker/click.c
gi?a=mcdo
nagh.me.uk/&b=120x120_c01"img border=0

src="http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk/clickclocker/getlink.
cgi?a=mcd
onagh.me.uk/&b=120x120_c01"/a

***************
++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

[message truncated]

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Liam 22-11-2003 08:03 PM

[IBC] ADMIN: For LIAM: Sig files/advertising at the bottom of pages

In article 004001c3b080$428dd640$31102cc7@pavilion,
(Jim Lewis) wrote:

Sigh . . . Have I ever mentioned how I HATE faked up addresses .

Sorry. It's just that I'd rather keep my NG discussions to the NGs.
Also, I have no reason to fear people flaming me via email, but I do
prefer that added sense of security. Since you insist, however, I've set
up a Yahoo account (a real one!) just to use on this NG. I expect that it
will rarely be checked, though.

Liam . . . even when I take "FAKE" out of your address, Hotmail

says you aren't there, so I now have to pester everyone.

Can you please eliminate the multi-line commercial at the bottom
of your messages? We request that members use only a maximum
4-line bottom signature.

Done.

Liam

Jim Lewis 23-11-2003 08:25 PM

(Jim Lewis) wrote:

Sigh . . . Have I ever mentioned how I HATE faked up

addresses .

Liam:

Sorry. It's just that I'd rather keep my NG discussions to the

NGs.
Also,

snip

Jim Lewis:

Can you please eliminate the multi-line commercial at the

bottom
of your messages? We request that members use only a maximum
4-line bottom signature.

Liam:

Done.

And thank you kindly.

Now, on the subject of sig files, this is as good an opportunity
as any to note again that it is very helpful if you ALL would
create sig files that give us some info.

Names are always nice.

And we can help you more (and save you some extra typing in the
messages when you ask for it) if your sig gives us a general idea
where you live. Wales, S-most Texas (come back Rick!),
Tallahassee, FL, N-S-E-W OZ, etc. That way we don't give you
how-to-fix-it info that won't work for your part of the world
(and we know that you are having spring while we shiver our
timbers up in the snowy Nawth).

Of course, those of you with bonsai-related businesses can always
find something to say in a 4-line sig file. ;-)

But those are about the ONLY business ads, we want to see.

Then, there are people like me who always add a bit of nonsense
(philosophical or otherwise) to their sig files.

How does one create a sig file? Your e-mail programs undoubtedly
has a way to create one. In Outlook Express it is:
Tools-Options-Signatures. You can have the sig you create
automatically added or added when you go to the "Insert menu" in
the "write-a-message" window and click on signature. I'm sure
Netscape has something similar. And Eudora. Dunno about
Outlook. And Macs are a mystery, but I'm sure there's a way
there, too.

Or, you can get the freebie, Shortkeys Lite (a macro program) and
create several signature files that you would use at various
times.

Anyway, please everyone, create a sig file and help us help you.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - VEGETARIAN:
An Indian word meaning "lousy hunter." (Borrowed from a sig by
fellow listowner, Scott Peterson)

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++