GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chamaecyparis pisifera trimming question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/47717-chamaecyparis-pisifera-trimming-question.html)

Clyde 24-11-2003 02:32 AM

Chamaecyparis pisifera trimming question

I have a couple of Gold Thread Cypress about 5 ft tall that had a
barberry bush growing between them. I trimmed the barberry and found
that it had shaded out the growth on one side of one of the Cypress.
Now I have one shaped Cypress and one with a flat side that has no
green growth. My question: is it likely that the Cypress will put out
new growth on the flat side, or will I need to replant and start over?