GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Pomegranate seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/47795-re-%5Bibc%5D-pomegranate-seeds.html)

john heller 26-11-2003 06:22 AM

[IBC] Pomegranate seeds

I've played with pom's successfully for a few years here in northern Utah.
I've put seeds in a zip-lock bag and left them in the fridge until May or
even Mid-June and still had 80%+ germination. I don't know if keeping the
seeds cool/cold worked any magic, I just knew the fridge would be the ONE
place I would not forget or lose the seeds.

Billy M. Rhodes wrote in article
In a message dated 11/13/2003 8:14:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I was at the grocery store two weeks ago and bought a pomegranate
fruit for .90 cents. Went home and chewed the pips/seeds clean
and put 4 seeds in a 4" pot. Two weeks later, 2 seedlings came
up. Read somewhere that these seeds do not keep - didn't specify
how long "keep" meant.Each fruit contains about 100 seeds if not
more.Quite the bargain , I'd say
Marcus

This Pome is the full size variety. The one frequently used for Bonsai

is
a dwarf, at least mine is. The full size is about the size of a

baseball,
while the dwarf is the size of a golf ball or smaller.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail