Old 05-12-2003, 04:42 AM
Hung Le

Default [IBC] GingSeng Ficus

Hi All,
I was searching for ficus retusa (kingman/tigerbark) and also end up with a
ficus gingseng. In Asia when i was a kid, had seen many of these with
exposed roots in many interesting forms (some appeared as a mother holding
on to her baby, a deer in sitting position and many others.
I like to hear from someone with experience or know the sources to learn
more on gingseng ficus.Thank you in advance
Hung Le
zone 7 VA

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

I have one of these and I am not sure of the exact Ficus variety but
gingseng is a nursery trade name. I have been told that in this case the
roots are a water storage device by the plant and will result on various species
of Ficus if they get a lot of water. I purchased mine from a wholesale nursery
in the West Palm Beach, FL area called A HREF="http://www.fnga.org/locator/searchMemberDetail.asp?masterno=16683&addno=4847" Atchison Exotics, Inc./A* James
Atchison* 561-499-3367* www.atchisonexotics.com*

Remember this is a wholesaler and does not deal with the general public,
but if you know a nursery owner they might be able to help.

In a message dated 12/4/2003 11:18:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Hi All,
I was searching for Ficus retusa (kingman/tigerbark) and also end up with a
Ficus gingseng. In Asia when I was a kid, had seen many of these with
exposed roots in many interesting forms (some appeared as a mother holding
on to her baby, a deer in sitting position and many others.
I like to hear from someone with experience or know the sources to learn
more on gingseng Ficus.Thank you in advance
Hung Le
zone 7 VA

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 05-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Jerry Meislik

Hung Le,
I know very little about the Ginseng ficus except what I have seen on the
internet. It looks to me like a Ficus microcarpa variety. Its main feature
are the thick roots that can be potted up high to expose them, almost like a
part of the trunk. Many shapes occur by nature and you can always find one
that looks like something.
I would think that their care would be standard for any ficus.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/
Hi All,
I was searching for ficus retusa (kingman/tigerbark) and also end up with a
ficus gingseng. In Asia when i was a kid, had seen many of these with
exposed roots in many interesting forms (some appeared as a mother holding
on to her baby, a deer in sitting position and many others.
I like to hear from someone with experience or know the sources to learn
more on gingseng ficus.Thank you in advance
Hung Le
zone 7 VA

************************************************** ****************************
**
************************************************** ****************************
**

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 13-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Registered User

Location: China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy M. Rhodes View Post

writes:

Hi All,
I was searching for Ficus retusa (kingman/tigerbark) and also end up with a
Ficus gingseng. In Asia when I was a kid, had seen many of these with
exposed roots in many interesting forms (some appeared as a mother holding
on to her baby, a deer in sitting position and many others.
I like to hear from someone with experience or know the sources to learn
more on gingseng Ficus.Thank you in advance
Hung Le
zone 7 VA

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Oh, there are too many Gingseng ficus in our nursery , if you wish i can sent you clear picture , but i not sure if they are the species you want.
You can contact my skype: wuwangshui, Email: , or you can see the website : www.tarinto.net ,