GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The chance!! A stump in the dump! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/48273-chance-stump-dump.html)

Theo 07-12-2003 12:32 PM

The chance!! A stump in the dump!

HI
This morning I was in the botanic garden and when I was collecting
some coarse send whe I noticed a stump in the dump.. :-)
it was nice and huge and suddenly I ralized that it had a twig, a
very alive one with gems and and some roots fine and otehsr bigger
I reduced the trunk on the black line visible in the picture as
unnecessary , the ----- line corrspond to a deep cut gardners made with
teh saw but the stump broke by itself a little downward .. I hope il
will sprout roots from that
cut allowing me if so ,to reduce better the under part . a little
root is above that cut anyway.. to this one I adaded more rich soil
and moss to keep more moisted as partially above teh soil level , I had
not a deeper container at hand for the moment
the point is that I do not know when was dumped roots do not look
dry but maybe it was theer since 2-3 days.. it was in a cold and damp
place anyway
I put inside a container with quartz sand some kanuma to keep more
moisted and some peat but sand is 90 % and will wait some sign of
sprouting in the spring
http://groups.msn.com/BonsaiItalia/olivo.msnw?Page=1
The