GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can a red maple bonsai be kept indoors? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/48674-can-red-maple-bonsai-kept-indoors.html)

Rich 16-12-2003 06:05 AM

Can a red maple bonsai be kept indoors?

Hi,
Ordered a red maple bonsai and had no
idea it was for outdoors.

I live in Wisconsin and bought it for my
office window.

If i give this tree the tlc i give my other
bonsai will it do ok in a well lit 68 degree
environment?

thank's
Rich

kangabon 17-12-2003 04:14 PM

Can a red maple bonsai be kept indoors?

Quote:

Originally posted by Rich
Hi,
Ordered a red maple bonsai and had no
idea it was for outdoors.

I live in Wisconsin and bought it for my
office window.

If i give this tree the tlc i give my other
bonsai will it do ok in a well lit 68 degree
environment?

thank's
Rich

G'day Rich,

The short answer is NO, but as you have it for your office window, perhaps you can put it in a window box on a ledge outside, and that all depends on which way it faces, like facing East is OK, also depends on what kinda wind your building is subjected to?

Nige;

Iris Cohen 17-12-2003 05:32 PM

Can a red maple bonsai be kept indoors?

perhaps you can put it in a window box on a ledge outside, and that all
depends on which way it faces, like facing East is OK, also depends on what
kinda wind your building is subjected to?

Not in Wisconsin.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."