Old 16-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Holiday travel - Nawthward Ho!

We leave day after tomorrow for the Carolinas. Jackie is
continuing with the grandkids, daughter and son-in-law to ski in
Snowshoe, West Virginia. Brrrr!

Since I can't think of anything less pleasant than falling down
into SNOW (UGH!) I'm staying with son and daughter-in-law in
Durham (where we may also get snow, I suppose, but where I can
choose to stay indoors). I may drive up to the resort on
Christmas Day, if the weather allows this long-time southern,
flatland driver to get there.

Son and I will see installment #3 of LOTR -- maybe more than
once. Go Frodo! (Tho I don't see what the ladies see in
Aragorn. He needs a bath! And a shave!)

I'll be checking e-mail every so often, but remember, Shelly's in
charge. ;-)

Meanwhile, I'm reading my Christmas present - Alexander Kennedy's
"Floral Treasures of Japan: The Satsuki Azaleas" -- and enjoying
it.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-12-2003, 12:12 AM
Craig Cowing

Jim Lewis wrote:

We leave day after tomorrow for the Carolinas. Jackie is
continuing with the grandkids, daughter and son-in-law to ski in
Snowshoe, West Virginia. Brrrr!

It's below the Mason-Dixon line, Jim. Still south. Sorry. ;0)

Since I can't think of anything less pleasant than falling down
into SNOW (UGH!)

It isn't all that bad. Just wait until the grandkids decide to put a couple of
handfuls down your back!!

snip

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

Craig Cowing
NY
zone 5b/6a Sunset 37
I'm still waiting for winter here in Southern NY.

Old 17-12-2003, 03:06 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 12/16/2003 6:39:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

It's below the Mason-Dixon line, Jim. Still south. Sorry. ;0)

North is a relative thing. To me North is Jacksonville, FL. The St.
Mary's River is the border to another country.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
Bonsai Societies of Florida Annual Convention Memorial Day Weekend 2004
Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral, Florida
www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-12-2003, 06:12 AM
Alan Walker

I don't know, Craig. It's been a long time, but I seem to
recall that West Virginia was a Union state which split off from
Virginia to do so.
At any rate, it's cold up there. They have snow and everything!
;-)
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com

We leave day after tomorrow for the Carolinas. Jackie is
continuing with the grandkids, daughter and son-in-law to ski in
Snowshoe, West Virginia. Brrrr!

It's below the Mason-Dixon line, Jim. Still south. Sorry. ;0)

Since I can't think of anything less pleasant than falling down
into SNOW (UGH!)

It isn't all that bad. Just wait until the grandkids decide to put a
couple of
handfuls down your back!!
snip
Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL

Old 17-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Craig Cowing

Alan Walker wrote:

I don't know, Craig. It's been a long time, but I seem to
recall that West Virginia was a Union state which split off from
Virginia to do so.
At any rate, it's cold up there. They have snow and everything!
;-)
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com

Still south, Alan!

We're losing our snow today with rain. Some winter.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Helena Handbasket

I'm heading North to Alaska! Whoo hooo! First time I'll get to see my grandson.

LOTR3 today and flying out on Monday. I hope the weather stays as good as it's been here
in Arkansas for the flight.

--