GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Too much Sun, wind...or both for Acer palmatum (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/48776-too-much-sun-wind-both-acer-palmatum.html)

Tony Charles 18-12-2003 12:54 AM

Too much Sun, wind...or both for Acer palmatum

Hi,

I have a problem with my Acer palmatum getting brown edges on the leaves,
and the leaves beginning to curl up. I have just read on the net that it
probably has to do with too much intense sunlight during the middle of the
day...

I live in sub-tropical Australia (near Mackay) near the sea and get a fair
bit of wind. Could the wind, and the hot summer temperature play a part in
the browning of the leaves' edges?

I think I'll set up a shade cloth to provide filtered light during the
middle part of the day...will this help?

Thanks

Tony Charles

Tony Charles 18-12-2003 12:56 AM

Too much Sun, wind...or both for Acer palmatum

Sorry..... In just did a little more searching and answered my own
question. 'Acer palmatum's leaves are sensitive to both sun and wind'

...looks like I've got some repositioning to do..

Tony Charles