GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] glued on rocks, was kengai bonsai tree care (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/49183-re-%5Bibc%5D-glued-rocks-kengai-bonsai-tree-care.html)

Kitsune Miko 26-12-2003 04:12 PM

[IBC] glued on rocks, was kengai bonsai tree care

--- jklewis wrote:
You likely will get several responses. All of them
will say to get the gravel off the top of the soil.
You may need to chip it away, so be careful not to
disturb the tree too much. Fill the hole that is
left with a good potting soil for now.

I find if you soak the glued on rocks with the plant
that they come off easier than chipping them while
still hard. The only time I did it the glue did
soften. I can't be sure they all use the same glue.
Mine was white when wet, like Elmer's glue. I rescued
a really nice grape bonsai this way. DIdn't disturb
much soil as it came loose from the glue.

Kitsune Miko

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++