Old 03-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] admin: Bad web links (was: [IBC] Membership)

I found that the Swedish web adress was wrong on the BCI site.
I got a
response in a few hours and the change was made as quickly. If

we all
could make a habit of notify the webmasters when we find wong

info it
would make things a lot easier. There is whole list of dead

links on the
IBC site.

That stems, in part, from the several changes in ownership of the
site over the last couple of years, and the remake. It also
stems from the annoying habit of other web masters of changing
their web address for no known reason and then not providing a
jump page. One I just learned of was the University of Florida's
*excellent* insect page. It now is at:
http://creatures.ifas.ufl.edu/ (and Nic., if you could make that
change in my "Bugs and Bonsai" article it would be helpful ;-)

As you find bad links in the IBC website, I hope everyone will
drop a note to Nic at . There's nothing more
useless than a link that goes nowhere (or somewhere you do NOT
want to be!). He will, I am sure, get to it as soon as he can.
We've been keeping him hopping recently, what with the new -- and
excellent -- gallery and all. He still has to settle in to his
new home -- and it's SUMMER down there!

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager emeritus