GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] juniper brittleness? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/49829-re-%5Bibc%5D-juniper-brittleness.html)

Billy M. Rhodes 07-01-2004 02:45 AM

[IBC] juniper brittleness?

Brittleness on Junipers is a bad sign. You say there is new growth, please
describe it.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Mike 07-01-2004 04:06 AM

[IBC] juniper brittleness?

actually its not like its falling apart, i could smack it and nothing else
would come off. just some tiny tip peices if u know what i mean.

by new growth i mean young very green looking stems, greener than the other
leaves.

Billy M. Rhodes 07-01-2004 11:05 AM

[IBC] juniper brittleness?

In a message dated 1/6/2004 11:08:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Actually its not like its falling apart, I could smack it and nothing else
would come off. Just some tiny tip pieces if u know what I mean.

By new growth I mean young very green looking stems, greener than the other
leaves.

It can be normal for even a Juniper to drop some needles on older
parts of the branch.
If the "new growth" is increasing then you are OK.
Also parts of Junipers and other plants will die off, that is one
reason we have jin and shari.

Mike 07-01-2004 02:44 PM

[IBC] juniper brittleness?

thanks for the help.

i was told by a lady through email that it most likely is dead cause it
shouldnt be inside. If she saw where i have it at its just about outside
without the 20 below howling wind.

Kitsune Miko 07-01-2004 04:57 PM

[IBC] juniper brittleness?

Mike,

You may worry this plant to death. I do appreciate
your concern. If the tree is in a relativly cool spot
in your house, that should do until spring.

Don't over water it and don't fiddle with it too much.
It has to re-establish any wounding that came from
taking off the glued on rocks. Don't feed it either.

Kitsune Miko

--- Mike wrote:
thanks for the help.

i was told by a lady through email that it most
likely is dead cause it
shouldnt be inside. If she saw where i have it at
its just about outside
without the 20 below howling wind.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Jarbas
Godoy ++++