Old 07-01-2004, 06:40 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] _Pop Bonsai: Fun

I finally got around to clicking on Lisa's pages and I LIKE 'EM, but I've
always like new off-the-wall stuff and enjoy making it from time to time.
I'm sure I'll purchase the new book(s) coming out on this medium. They've
GOT TO BE better than the likely new flood of $12 "Keep your bonsai fit" ,
or the like, books!!
I went to the Takagi competition pages to see if I noted her name in any of
the last 9 competition "mentionables" but I did not. I did, however, see
quite a few pot shapes that might also lend them to this little corner of
the bonsai world.
I was again suprised at the wording at the top of the page where they ask
for ( "to promote the spread of bonsai") pots made in the modern sense
which will break up the conventional bonsai pots, and thusly help change the
image of bonsai.
So, it seems Mr. Takagi would like to change, at least some, of the images
of bonsai?
Pretty interesting....I'm intrigued.
Regards,
Dale Cochoy
Yakimono no Kokoro Bonsai Pottery

P.S. On Lisa's pages, I loved the stance of the pot , second from right, in
the gallery. :)