GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   oaks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/49997-oaks.html)

Peter K. 10-01-2004 12:03 AM

oaks

Does anyone know where i could get seedlings or acorns or an english oak?
Nurseries around here don't carry them for some reason.

--
Peter Kulibert zone 4a/5b

Liam 10-01-2004 03:12 PM

oaks

In article ,
(Peter K.) wrote:

Does anyone know where i could get seedlings or acorns or an english
oak?
Nurseries around here don't carry them for some reason.

--
Peter Kulibert zone 4a/5b

I could send some acorns to you if I see any in the next couple of weeks,
as long as postage isn't too much and the squirrels haven't got them
first! It's probably a bit late for acorns now, though. Also, some oaks
have caught a new disease, which has come from the US, where it affected
(possibly killed) other varieties of oak. I don't know whether the
disease is deadly.

The trees in England are really confused. The temperature in London today
is about what you'd expect for late August or early September and many
plants have already put out buds or are flowering. I blame global
warming!

Liam

Peter K. 10-01-2004 09:13 PM

oaks

liam can you contact me off list please?

"Liam" wrote in message
. co.uk...

Liam 11-01-2004 09:48 PM

oaks

In article ,
(Peter K.) wrote:

liam can you contact me off list please?

I sent you an email Peter, but it got bounced. If you send an email to my
yahoo account, I'll hopefully get it.

Liam