GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oak cuttings? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/50047-oak-cuttings.html)

Lee & Debbie Miles 11-01-2004 02:33 AM

Oak cuttings?

Can anyone tell me if oaks can be struck from cuttings, amd if so at what
time of year & what type od cutting to take. I tried last year to take
cuttings in winter of 1 year ols wood (before budding had begun) but all
cutting failed to strike.

Lee

Liam 11-01-2004 09:48 PM

Oak cuttings?

In article ,
(Lee & Debbie Miles) wrote:

Can anyone tell me if oaks can be struck from cuttings, amd if so at
what
time of year & what type od cutting to take. I tried last year to take
cuttings in winter of 1 year ols wood (before budding had begun) but all
cutting failed to strike.

Lee

To propagate Oak (at least English Oak - I'm not sure about the other
varieties), you need to plant acorns, or air layer in the summer.

Liam