Old 13-01-2004, 04:34 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Non-traditional forms {WAS: [IBC] good quote (non-bonsai, but related)})

Snip of a VERY interesting discussion. Please, both of you keep
it up!

Peter concludes:

Our disagreement does not spoil my elation over the fact that

you know what
you are writing about. I am in the process of reviewing a bonsai
book that
is touting a subtitle that relates Zen to bonsai; its author has
no clue
what Zen is and his use of the term "Zen quality" is arbitrary
and
capricious at best. The book remind me of the saying "Give a kid
a hammer
and the whole world will look like a series of nails!"

When you are through reviewing it, Peter, I/we would appreciate
your detailed thoughts.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - The ignorant
man marvels at the exceptional; the wise man marvels at the
common; the greatest wonder of all is the regularity of
nature. -- George Dana Bordman

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++