Old 13-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Teaching kids?

I have a wonderful opportunity to teach something to
3rd to 6th graders about bonsai in a 2 hour period. I
have a $50 budget. They like hands on stuff.

Suggestions?

Kitsune Miko

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 14-01-2004, 01:43 AM
Alan Walker

Kitsune: I love to hear about projects like this. I don't know if you
have this already, but BCI has a 60 page booklet, Handbook of Program
and Activity Ideas for Bonsai Clubs, that includes, among many other
things, an outline for a child's bonsai workshop and a bonsai basic
teacher's guide. Cost is only US$10.00 + $2.00 s&h, so it will fit right
into your budget. You can get ordering details at
http://www.bonsai-bci.com/products.html#anchor1287948
Alan Walker

Old 14-01-2004, 05:04 AM
Bart Thomas

Kitsune:

Jim's suggestion looks good. Alan's may take too much of your budget.

How long do you have before this happens? How many kids?

What I'm wondering about is there time to root some cuttings in disposable
pots, and whether your local club can help with this, along with giving
suitable pots (we all have too many of these, don't we?)

You've got enough experience with bonsai to be a great teacher (well, at
least you sound as though you do 8-) ) so that I doubt you need advice on
what to teach.

Just remember, "KISS".

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++