GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   american or korean hornbeam (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/50622-american-korean-hornbeam.html)

Justin Nash 20-01-2004 01:08 AM

american or korean hornbeam

I have been looking at hornbeams and can not decide which one to purchase.
Either American or Korean. I live in charlotte which is zone 7b. I'm going to
buy them from evergreen gardenworks. Any comments would be appreciated.

JRA BONSAI 21-01-2004 12:37 AM

american or korean hornbeam

Justin,

I have all three here in Central VA and they are very satisfactory and quite
hardy. The Carolina Hornbeam has larger leaves and is better used for large
bonsai. Both of the Korean types are great for small and very large bonsai.

Julian Adams
Adams' Bonsai
Lynchburg, VA