GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Verticillium Wilt (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/51533-verticillium-wilt.html)

les ellaby 02-02-2004 10:02 AM

Verticillium Wilt

As a bonsai enthusiast, particularly favouring Maple I was delighted
when a colleague of mine discovered and patented a non toxic (green)
cure for Verticillium Wilt. Throwing my lot in with this venture, we
paid a commercial lab to test and prove our theory 100%.
We now find that no agrochemical co will take our solution because the
process of obtaining the single molecule cure can be
obtained/replecated by immersion in water. Given the evidense they
accept it will work but can see no commercial application for such a
simple cure. Without backing we cannot afford to pay for the required
18 months of pesticide trials that all marketed products require.
Looks like the agrochemical industry will continue to sell $2,000,000
of Methyl Bromide and other ozone depleting products in to the world
market.

Brian Corll 04-02-2004 01:08 AM

Verticillium Wilt

I've found a cure for verticillium wilt too. I throw the damned infected
tree in the garbage. ;-)

om...

Theo 04-02-2004 07:08 AM

Verticillium Wilt

Hi
I had a Sanko kaku maple last year and as it seemed to have
virticillium I panicked and throw it away..
I had a second one graciously replaced by the nursery where it come
from the first one,,
It started dying back from the cuts, so I sprayed sopper sulphate all over
and refreshed the cuts and put cupper sulphate in powder on cuts
and it seems it stopt and grew quite well during last season
you can see it here .
http://groups.msn.com/BonsaiItalia/i...nw?albumlist=2
Theo

Brian Corll wrote:

I've found a cure for verticillium wilt too. I throw the damned infected
tree in the garbage. ;-)

om...

--
EU Zone 7 GE (CH)