Old 13-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Pedro A.Pereira

Default [IBC] {SPAM} [IBC] Email as attachments (Kind'a OFF-TOPIC)

Greetings Brent,

It's beginning to reach epidemic proportions. If it keeps up, I won't be
able to read the list as email. Below is what I am getting. My spam filter
is not supposed to filter List messages,

Well, there might be two situations here

1. You are receiving the so called Windows Update (it's a "Trojan Horse",
kind of a "virus"), nothing you can do here, I have been receiving it
mailself, the only way I got rid of it it's to use a spam filter like I do
(I use MailWasher).

2. The IBC messages are being marked has spam! It happned to me either. It's
because of the number of e-mails that one receives, always from the same
e-mail address. In your Spam filter you have to place the e-mail address
in the SAFE list. If it's your service provider,
you have to write them telling that this e-mail it«s from a list and not
spam. Sometimes it works :-)

Hope this helps a bit.

Pedro Amorim Pereira _ Porto - Portugal

http://amorimpereira.no.sapo.pt
http://sapp.telepac.pt/bonsai-pt/
http://www.geocities.com/pedropereira.geo

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++