Old 13-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Dana Lone Hill

Default [IBC] OT-Returning bonsai addict saying hello

Hello all,

I've been on this list off and on for the past four years. Well, I'm back on again! : )

My name Dana lone Hill. I currently live in South Dakota, zone 4, and I'm working as a IT tech person for a school. I'm orginally from SD so it's good to be back. But I forgot how cold it can get, especially when the wind kicks up.

Sadly, all the trees I had have died. 2003 was a rough time for me personally and I didn't take care of them like I should have. Looking back, I should have kept at it or given them to someone who could take care of them.

On the bright side, I'm starting over. I'm also looking for new trees. Cedars, pines, junipers, and yes, even a serissa or two. : ) Any tree that can live in a zone 3 or 4 I'm taking a look at. Any ideas on zone 3, 4 trees would be appreciated.

I've also found out that there are azalea's that can stand a SD winter, it's a hybrid developed by the University of Minnesota. So I might give one or two of them a try.

It's good to be back. Glad to see both old and new people on the list.

BTW. I just bought this serissa at a mall in a mica pot with stones glued on top, and I was wondering..... (Just kidding) : )

Dana Lone Hill
Zone 4

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 13-02-2004, 08:42 PM
kevin bailey

Welcome back Dana.

Good luck with the search for replacements. You can take this
opportunity to improve on any earlier impulses and now only go for
things with real potential. Scour the nurseries, landscape nurseries
particularly, for the best you can afford. You won't regret the extra
time and money spent in the long run.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales