GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] how do i root a tree cliping? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/52661-re-%5Bibc%5D-how-do-i-root-tree-cliping.html)

Billy M. Rhodes 15-02-2004 03:15 PM

[IBC] how do i root a tree cliping?

In a message dated 2/14/2004 7:45:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

My neighbor has a beautiful tree that is blooming white buds right now, how
would I go about taking a clipping and rooting it? Or is that possible? any
advice would help.

To a large extent it depends upon the species of tree and where you live.
Many species are easily grown from cuttings, others are near impossible.
I would contact my local ag center to determine the species of tree. They
will frequently have a person "on duty" to answer questions from the public.
Every county in the US has a federally funded person. Once the species is
determined they should also have propagation information for species common to
your area.
It is difficult for us to give general advice.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++