Old 16-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Mike

Default indoor lighting and bonsai

Hi All,

Sadlly to say my juniper from target is pretty brown and dead, but on the
other hand my trident is doing very well. I was wondering if there is an
indoor lighting solution for junipers? I saw some things on the internet
with growing lights? Anyone recommend one cause im thinking about ordering a
Juniper Chinenesis soon, but its too cold to be outside and eventually it
will be too hot to keep outside.

Old 16-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Iris Cohen

Sadlly to say my juniper from target is pretty brown and dead, BRBR
I was wondering if there is an indoor lighting solution for junipers?
BRBR

Lighting is not the issue. Don't try to keep a juniper indoors. It must have a
cold dormant period every winter.

my trident is doing very well. BRBR

Don't try to keep that indoors either. It needs to go outdoors for the summer
in part shade, and also get a cold dormant period next winter.

im thinking about ordering a Juniper chinensis soon, but its too cold to be
outside and eventually it
will be too hot to keep outside. BRBR

Where do you live? Most cultivars of J. chinensis are quite cold-hardy (but
need some winter protection as bonsai), and summer will not be too hot to keep
it outdoors unless you live in the Sahara.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 27-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered User

Indoor bonsai has been described in different ways. Some describe indoor bonsai as a house plant growth, plant growth in greenhouses, or to bring the indoor and outdoor plants, but in the winter.
LED Grow Lights
Old 08-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered User

A full spectrum florescent bulb makes an excellent substitute for natural light for indoor bonsai.But keep in mind that there should be less than 18 inches between your tree and the light source.

2- 4 hours of daylight daily should be enough to keep your indoor bonsai thriving and happy.