GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leaves with black tips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/53795-leaves-black-tips.html)

Dave Weller 27-02-2004 07:32 AM

Leaves with black tips

Does anyone know what these black tips are a result of?

I haven't used any nutrients so its not any kind of nutirent burn... maybe a
defficiency?

Also is it common to have quite a few holes appearing in leaves? Is this
from some kind of bugs eating them or does it happen naturally because I
haven't seen any mites or anything.

Dave Weller 28-02-2004 12:13 AM

Leaves with black tips

It is a Trident Maple and it is kept indoors mostly.
It is getting quite bushy and most of the leaves are a good green, healthy
color. But I also have a few that turn yellow and fall off, and a few that
get holes in them.
I'm not sure if the holes are just from when I first got it because I
haven't had it that long, and the yellowness is natural I think.

But just yesterday the very very tip of the middle part of the trident shape
on some leaves have turned dark black and curled up...