GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Very strange leaf markings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/53869-very-strange-leaf-markings.html)

Me 28-02-2004 02:12 AM

Very strange leaf markings

I can not find a reference to this anywhere, so I'm hoping someone can
help me. My umbrella tree leaves have developed slash-like marks
almost as if someone cut them with an exacto knife. The slashed part
hangs on by a thread, turns black and then falls off. The cuts
(chews?) can be found in old and new leaves. Is there some pest that
does this sort of damage? Or do I have a night-time, knife-wielding
intruder to worry about?
Thanks for any help!
Samantha