GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Trident Maple (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/54304-%5Bibc%5D-trident-maple.html)

Anthony J Thackeray 02-03-2004 07:13 PM

[IBC] Trident Maple

Hello All
I am fairly new to the Bonsai world so if somebody can help I would very much appreciate it. My problem is that I have just looked at my bonsai and they are beginning to spring into life apart from my 15 year old Trident Maple, at the moment it looks like
a a load of dead wood is it dead or is it still a bit early to tell. I live in Berkshire in England.

Tony
All Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by Norton AntiVirus
SystemWorks 2003

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Carl L Rosner 02-03-2004 07:43 PM

[IBC] Trident Maple

Anthony:
Give your Trident the finger nail test. Scratch the bark of the trunk.
If the green cambium is evident than your tree is alive.... If you do
not see cambium keep moving down the trunk with the fingernal test.
More than likely, the tree is fine, you are just a little nervous,
right? ;-)

Best regards,
Carl L. Rosner