GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Article on Trident Fusing Technique (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/54795-%5Bibc%5D-article-trident-fusing-technique.html)

Anthony Rossetti 07-03-2004 04:23 PM

[IBC] Article on Trident Fusing Technique

Within the last 12 months, somewhere I saw an article explaining how to create a large Trident, using a frame or a carved wooden bonsai facade and then encompassing the entire frame with many dozens of saplings. Supposedly, after several years, they would
grow, or fuse together into a solid (but hollow) tree. Does anybody remember what magazine that was published in? In advance, thank you to the list for your better memories.

Regards,
Tony Rossetti

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

rschmitt23 07-03-2004 05:32 PM

[IBC] Article on Trident Fusing Technique

Tony:

What you want is at

http://www.dugzbonsai.com/

Interesting idea, but it looks to me like a lot of time and effort for a
not-too-impressive result.

Later

--
Ray Schmitt, Aliso Viejo, CA
Cold Hardiness Zone 10b

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

JRA BONSAI 08-03-2004 02:32 AM

[IBC] Article on Trident Fusing Technique

The article was in International Bonsai. Can't remember which issue. I saw
several of the fused trees in California last month. They are considerably
more impressive than the picture might lead one to believe.

Julian R. Adams
Adams' Bonsai
Lynchburg, VA

Jim Lewis 08-03-2004 01:08 PM

[IBC] Article on Trident Fusing Technique

The article was in International Bonsai. Can't remember which
issue. I saw
several of the fused trees in California last month. They are

considerably
more impressive than the picture might lead one to believe.

2003 # 2

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

randi sharp 08-03-2004 07:20 PM

[IBC] Article on Trident Fusing Technique

That issue would be International Bonsai "Creating Fused Trunk Trident Maple Bonsai" by Doug Phillips. 2003/No.2 - The Summer Bonsai issue. And I agree with Julian, the trunk when fully fused is simply amazing.

Randi Sharp
Richmond, VA

Shelly Hurd 10-03-2004 04:40 PM

[IBC] Article on Trident Fusing Technique

Tony,
I don't know about a magazine article, but if the guy below didn't write it he should have.
Go he
http://www.dugzbonsai.com/index.htm
Click Trident Trunk.
Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

Peter K. 14-03-2004 04:59 PM

[IBC] Article on Trident Fusing Technique

i'm planning on trying this this spring with privet or ginnala maple.
I'll post pictures as things progress.

--
Peter Kulibert zone 4a/5b