Old 10-03-2004, 11:12 PM
sam crowell

Default [IBC] bamboo with chlorosis?

Earlier, this last winter I commented that I have a planter of bamboo that
was looking decidedly peaked. It did not only look ragged and had die-back
on leaves, but newer leaves were very pale green, and often started to show
signs of the tips dying back before the leaf was even fully developed.

We have been having an unseasonably early appearance of "spring like"
weather the past week (though I am sure we will have snows into May, just as
usual). At any rate, my tray of bamboo has pushed up new shoots, but they,
and the leaves that are developing are a pale green (in contrast to older
growth). Leaves are still showing tip die-back.

I have been carefully monitoring moisture, so I don't think overwatering is
a problem. I have learned with small trays never to let them fully dry, as
the bamboo just dies, almost instantly.

Anyway, I have been wondering if I need to apply some sort of fertilizer, or
at least a product with chelated iron? Anything else I should try or watch?

Sam Crowell
Klamath Falls, Oregon

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++