GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] The ULTIMATE mallsai (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/55149-re-%5Bibc%5D-ultimate-mallsai.html)

Iris Cohen 11-03-2004 01:33 PM

[IBC] The ULTIMATE mallsai

Part of Bonsai Boy of New York; what did you expect?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Iris Cohen 11-03-2004 01:33 PM

[IBC] The ULTIMATE mallsai

The trend here in South Africa seems to be "lollipop" trees from the normal
nurseries.
The tree is stripped of the bottom 2 thirds of branches and foliage,so that you
are only left with a long trunk with a little foliage at the top. BRBR

Here too. Only usable if it is a species which can be severely pruned & will
bud back on the trunk.