Old 23-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Chinese Elm and mites

I don't know where you are or where the tree is being kept with this
bag over it. BUT, here in Florida, four days in the sun like that would mean a
well cooked tree and if the mites hadn't killed it the sun did.
Take the bag off.

In a message dated 4/23/2004 1:54:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I finally found why my Elm began dropping leaves, and found some info
for spider mites here, which I've done - I placed a clear bag around
the tree and top of the pot. I sprayed it with water first, and put
it outside on a windy day to blow all the loose leaves away.

Now I'm wondering - how long do I keep the bag on there? It's been
about 4 days.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Spectre

"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote in message
I don't know where you are or where the tree is being kept with

this
bag over it. BUT, here in Florida, four days in the sun like that would

mean a
well cooked tree and if the mites hadn't killed it the sun did.
Take the bag off.

Ontario Canada. It's in a windowsill with morning sun. Still quite chilly
here. I did take the bag off today. Not because it was being cooked (it's
sprouting new leaves actually), but because it was too damp. I don't see
any signs of webs, so hopefully it's taken care of. Thanks for your input.

--
Spectre

Old 24-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 4/24/2004 2:54:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Ontario Canada

I have no concept of that far north, but the tree should be outside all the
time as soon as possible. Maybe some of the more northern members will
suggest when. It can't be a specific date. It will probably be something like,
"When the night temperatures don't go below XX."

Chinese Elm and mites Spectre Bonsai 0 23-04-2004 08:04 AM
[IBC] Rooted Cuttings [IBC] Chinese Elm...Indoor or outdoor? Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 8 01-12-2003 06:32 PM
[IBC] Wintering (Was: [IBC] Chinese Elm...) Michael Persiano Bonsai 0 05-09-2003 12:22 PM
[IBC] Wintering (Was: [IBC] Chinese Elm...) Michael Persiano Bonsai 0 05-09-2003 12:22 PM
[IBC] Black Stuff on Chinese Elm Leaves? Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 3 04-04-2003 12:20 PM