GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] pine budding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/59827-%5Bibc%5D-pine-budding.html)

Colin Horn 25-04-2004 07:03 AM

[IBC] pine budding

Hi, I have a Japanese Black Pine that had new candles forming last month,
but now it seems that all the growth has stopped. I havent seen any new
growth come out for weeks, and it doesnt seem very vigorous. Why is this? Is
there anything I can do to help it? Ive used a 16-16-16 fertiliazer several
times the past couple of months. Thanks for any help. From, Colin Horn
San Fancisco Bay Area, CA

Test your ‘Travel Quotient’ and get the chance to win your dream trip!
http://travel.msn.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Michael Persiano 25-04-2004 12:04 PM

[IBC] pine budding

In a message dated 4/25/2004 1:01:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
Hi, I have a Japanese Black Pine that had new candles forming last month,
but now it seems that all the growth has stopped. I havent seen any new
growth come out for weeks, and it doesnt seem very vigorous. Why is this? Is
there anything I can do to help it? Ive used a 16-16-16 fertiliazer several
times the past couple of months.
Colin:

What you are describing could be related to several factors:

1. An abrupt cold snap (which is probably unlikely given your geographic
location)
2. A root zone problem (which would result from excessive watering and/or
poor drainage)
3. A disease or insect infestation

I will need more information and ideally a JPG of the tree. Can you post an
image and a close up of the candles?

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob