GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Ilex schwoebel 'Compacta' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/60129-%5Bibc%5D-ilex-schwoebel-compacta.html)

Craig Cowing 28-04-2004 03:04 PM

[IBC] Ilex schwoebel 'Compacta'

I bought a really nice example of this at a nursery yesterday. It is
for all intents & purposes identical to Ilex crenata 'Helleri.' Is this
another example of growers inventing species names? I can't ifnd
anything at all on the web about this variety.

Craig Cowing
NY Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

David J. Bockman 28-04-2004 04:09 PM

[IBC] Ilex schwoebel 'Compacta'

Hi Craig,

I see no listing for Ilex schwoebel in Dirr. If you can find the Ilex Bible,
aka The Genus Ilex, by Fred Galle (1997, Timber Press) perhaps there will be
a listing.

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email:

I bought a really nice example of this at a nursery yesterday. It is
for all intents & purposes identical to Ilex crenata 'Helleri.' Is this
another example of growers inventing species names? I can't ifnd
anything at all on the web about this variety.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++