Old 09-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] soil components

The problem I have is finding suitable material for the non-organic,
non-water absorbing, component -- "course sand".

Have you tried "sandblasting sand" Where are you located?

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 09-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Kitsune Miko

Out here sand blasing sand is real fine. I get small
aquarium gravel.

Kitsune Miko

--- "Billy M. Rhodes" wrote:
The problem I have is finding suitable material

for the non-organic,
non-water absorbing, component -- "course sand".

Have you tried "sandblasting sand" Where are you
located?

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson
Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the
Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by John
Quinn++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
"Art does not take kindly to facts, is helpless to grapple with theories, and is killed outright by a sermon." Agnes Ropplier
(added to the above)
"How many things in life do we bludgeon with facts, render helpless
with theories, and kill with sermons? If art can help us go beyond
these patterns, we certainly need it in our lives."
Anne Wilson Schaef
From, "Women Who Do Too Much Calandar 2004."

Old 09-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 5/9/2004 11:17:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Out here sand blasting sand is real fine. I get small
aquarium gravel.

Kitsune Miko

I think we must find the solution that works in our part of the world. Here
aquarium gravel would probably work once it was washed to get out the sand,
but it would be costly for large collections and/or containers.