Old 15-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Cicada Scare

Take a look at this web site.

http://www.nwf.org/backyardwildlifehabitat/cicadas.cfm

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 15-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Dusty G.

Great site, but I'm more worried about the Locusts. Apparently this is
supposed to be a "7 year locust" year in South Central Indiana. Husband &
friend are building me a 10'x10'x6' high 'cage' of 1/2" hardware cloth for
the blueberry plants & strawberry tower I'm getting next year, but they are
building it this year & covering it with screen for the potted trees,
bushes & container water gardens. They are planning on making it bug-tight.
I wasn't worried till I saw the farmers planting less than 40% of what they
normally would this year.

One of my favorite tea sites made the page below. This was taken in their
backyard. Great pix of cicadas. maybe they will commission a cicadia teapot?

We have posted some pictures at the following link if you would like to
view some of our cicada friends.
http://necessitea10281.goeserv.com/o..._x_cicadas.htmhttp://necessitea10281.goeserv.com/o...ood_x_cicadas.http://necessitea10281.goeserv.com/o..._x_cicadas.htmhtm

Dusty
-----------------------------------
Walk in Beauty
Traditional Facets
Gemstones, Jewelry, Faceted Opals, Calligraphy & Oriental art supplies,
Author of the Rendezvous Cooking series, Birthstones Through the Ages,
The Runes, Gemstone & wood rune sets, Panther Tent dealer.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] protecting trees from cicada damage Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 7 25-05-2004 11:04 AM
[IBC] Cicada report-- frontlines David J. Bockman Bonsai 6 19-05-2004 04:07 AM
[IBC] cicada Lisa Miller Bonsai 3 12-04-2004 08:33 PM
How to scare away cats.. an answer? Cristian Croitoru Australia 6 02-02-2004 04:02 AM
I don't want to scare the frogs... Andrea Ponds 1 29-03-2003 02:44 PM