Old 18-05-2004, 03:21 AM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Yipes!

I went outside to water the bonsai, and there were, um... ten million
cicadas out there.

Nina, back indoors.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-05-2004, 04:06 AM
Jim Lewis

I went outside to water the bonsai, and there were, um... ten
million
cicadas out there.

Nina, back indoors.

Since the National Guard is a bit busy, CALL OUT THE BOY SCOUTS!
RESCUE NINA!

Jim Lewis - - Rivers are ribbons that tie us
to the spirit of the land - Jeff Rennicke

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-05-2004, 04:06 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 5/17/2004 9:14:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I went outside to water the bonsai, and there were, um... ten

million
cicadas out there.

Cicadas will replace squirrels as the hot Bonsai List topic.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-05-2004, 06:05 AM
TreeBay

Here's for you, Nina in case you don't make it out of the house for
groceries.

This link is a PDF-form book of tasty recipes for cicadas, a staple
food for Australian aborigines, and a special delicacy in Greece and
Rome. "They are said to be tasty and high in protien, having a
delicate, nutty flavor."

Honey, pass me another slice of that Cicada Rhubarb Pie, mm-mmm!

http://tinyurl.com/33r4x

Regards,

Matt

--
TreeBay - Tips:5¢ Advice:Free

-Carpe Tree-um- (Seize the bonsai!)
'TreeBay Bonsai Tools & Supplies' (http://www.TreeBay.com)
Thank you for supporting bonsaiTALK.
TreeBay's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...tinfo&userid=5
View this thread: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/showthre...?threadid=6706

Old 18-05-2004, 06:05 AM
toyota4wd94

MMMM....MMMMM..... Nothin' says lovin' like a nice hot batch of
"emergence cookies" and a tall glass of cold milk!:P

I'm hungry!
Dave

--
toyota4wd94

"The difference between a smart person and a wise person is that a smart
person knows what to say and a wise person knows whether or not to say
it"
toyota4wd94's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...fo&userid=1600
View this thread: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/showthre...?threadid=6706

Old 18-05-2004, 07:07 AM
FriarTuck

Hum, Cicadas

But to hear the call but once in 17 years,
how rair the song,
Twice in a lifetime will it reach our ears.

*(after a min or two, drive ya nuts!!!)*

Randy Tucker
washington state
Prof. Lurker
Serrissia, not just for malls anymore!
;-)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-05-2004, 07:07 AM
Kitsune Miko

OK we know Nina is now safe, but WHAT ABOUT HER
BONSAI!

Kitsune Miko

writes:

I went outside to water the bonsai, and there

were, um...
ten
million cicadas out there.

_I_ didn't say that! NINA said that. SHE's the one
who needs
saving. Ain't no nasty cicadas in Florida.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL -
Blessed
statistics: A Demonstration -- Welcome to
Hooterville!
Population: 2000. Elevation: 3000. Established:
1850. TOTAL =
6850

++++Sponsored, in part, by John
Quinn++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
If you use your mind to study reality, you won't understand either your mind or reality. If you study reality without using your mind, you'll understand both. People capable of true vision, know that the mind is empty.
--Bodhidharma

Old 18-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Jim Lewis

Hum, Cicadas

But to hear the call but once in 17 years,
how rair the song,
Twice in a lifetime will it reach our ears.

Gosh. Most of us plan on living longer than that! I've "heard"
them 4 times (or could have if I'd been in the neighborhood ;-),
and with some luck may "hear" them again.

Old 18-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Nina Shishkoff

OK we know Nina is now safe, but WHAT ABOUT HER
BONSAI!

The national guards didn't come; the boyscouts didn't come, but this morning, a boxturtle came for the best all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet he's had in 17 years!

Today I'm heading to the fabric store for netting. Quite a few yards of netting.

Nina.
---
Nina Shishkoff

Old 19-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Shelly Hurd

What you need Nina is what is hatching out in my yard this week. Not millions, or thousands, but a hundred or so brand new Preying Mantises. These fellows are very cool, and one of the reasons I don't let the pesticide sprayers (Clark et.al) in my yard.

Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

Old 19-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Helena Handbasket

I went outside to water the bonsai, and there were, um... ten million
cicadas out there.

Nina, back indoors.

I hear they are pretty tasty, might be able to supplement your groceries
with them. You try them first and tell us how you like them. ;-D

--
katie
zone 6b