Old 18-05-2004, 07:13 AM
David J. Bockman

Default [IBC] Cicada report-- frontlines

Brood X is living up to its mighty rep-- scientists estimated something like
13 trillion cicadas will surface, and sometimes it seems like they're all on
my little acre of land. Every square inch of smaller perennials (especially
hostas) are covered with nymph shells and resting adults.

IN Springfield, a little south of me, the telephone poles are literally
thick with the encrusted nymph exoskeletons up to about 12 feet of the
ground.

What appear to be drifts of oak sperm in the streets are actually mounds of
dead adults. Amazing!

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email:

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Codswallop

On Tue, 18 May 2004 05:03:23 GMT, David J. Bockman wrote in
rec.arts.bonsai:

Brood X is living up to its mighty rep-- scientists estimated
something like 13 trillion cicadas will surface, and sometimes it
seems like they're all on my little acre of land. Every square inch of
smaller perennials (especially hostas) are covered with nymph shells
and resting adults.

Have you guys got digital cameras? I wouldn't mind seeing pics of this!

We don't get much like that in the suburbs...

--
- Cods
(un ROT-13 to email)

Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.
Old 18-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Jim Lewis

What appear to be drifts of oak sperm in the streets are

actually mounds of
dead adults. Amazing!

Drive carefully, youse guys. Slippery roads.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Who once
drove though a grasshopper explosion in the Midwest. Scary!

Old 18-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Have you guys got digital cameras? I wouldn't mind seeing pics of this!

Your wish is my command. Go to the IBC gallery, to the "not strictly bonsai" section.

Nina.
---
Nina Shishkoff

Old 18-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Hal

Nina, I saw your post on the galleries but there was no attachment. I
then check out the entire "not strictly bonsai" section and there were no
attachments. Did they get stripped away? Is there a problem posting
pictures to that section? Yes, I would like to see the pictures. Am I
doing something wrong?

Hal
Zone 7, Memphis TN

At 08:17 AM 5/18/2004, you wrote:
Have you guys got digital cameras? I wouldn't mind seeing pics of this!

Your wish is my command. Go to the IBC gallery, to the "not strictly
bonsai" section.

Nina.
---
Nina Shishkoff

************************************************* *******************************
************************************************* *******************************

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 18-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Jim Lewis

Nina, I saw your post on the galleries but there was no
attachment. I
then check out the entire "not strictly bonsai" section and

there were no
attachments. Did they get stripped away? Is there a problem

posting
pictures to that section? Yes, I would like to see the

pictures. Am I
doing something wrong?

There still are a couple of forums on the gallery where you must
be a registered user to see the pictures. I think "Not Strictly
Bonsai" is one. Dunno if Nic has figured out why, yet. Anyway,
Nina's pics are there. All you need to do is choose a username
and password and you can view them.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

Old 19-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Nina Shishkoff

There still are a couple of forums on the gallery where you must
be a registered user to see the pictures.

Sigh. Well, that explains *that*. I couldn't see my pictures, either.

Nina, who now only has to figure out how to SIZE them correctly.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] protecting trees from cicada damage Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 7 25-05-2004 11:04 AM
[IBC] Cicada Scare Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 1 15-05-2004 08:08 PM
[IBC] cicada Lisa Miller Bonsai 3 12-04-2004 08:33 PM
Cicada wasps, apricot trees, cherry trees Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 5 27-08-2003 09:32 AM
woodpeckers, grackles, etc Cicada wasps, Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 0 20-08-2003 11:02 AM