Old 25-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] Fw: [IBC] Ceramic Pots

Good Day to all,

not to spoil the fun,but Vitrification in Stoneware is
supposed to mean 3 to 5 % porous?[as far as I
can remember.]

Inducing too much of the glass state is supposed
to weaken the object with regards to thermal
shock,isn't it ?

Has pottery science changed?

When in doubt about a piece of pottery a visit to
a potter or at least to ClayArt[on-line list] does
a world of good.
Stay Well all.
Khaimraj
Wet,Wet,West Indian Island Inhabitant.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-05-2004, 09:03 PM
dalecochoy

I was kind of expecting a similar response...

Old 25-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Evening All,
Dale,

I simply gave you the limits as defined by Pottery
Science,since I have noted that once these statements
pass across the IBC,they will be treated as fact.

Freeze/Thaw is thermal shock.

Check your body mixes for Stoneware and Porcelain,
you will find the answer there.

The answers become relevant when you spend $$ for
a pot and it breaks when you don't look after it.

To much glass in the body and what happens when you
knock it,does it shatter like a bottle or chip like a flower
pot?

I would say if you guys give such precise information on
trees or fertiliser or insecticides,the pots should be afforded
the same.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj
You know where.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 26-05-2004, 03:09 AM
dalecochoy

I simply gave you the limits as defined by Pottery
Science,since I have noted that once these statements
pass across the IBC,they will be treated as fact.

Freeze/Thaw is thermal shock.

No, thermal shock is the shock your clay gets when heated to fast in the
kiln ( can shatter) and a similar thing happens when cooled to quickly as in
the methods of making Raku. Clays are specially designed for these types of
shock. This doesn't really have anything to do with vitrified clay ( or
should I say "Not vitrified" clay) absorbing water and shattering when it
freezes ( as was, I believe, the concern of the original poster?)

Check your body mixes for Stoneware and Porcelain,
you will find the answer there.

uh...OK.

The answers become relevant when you spend $$ for
a pot and it breaks when you don't look after it.

To much glass in the body and what happens when you
knock it,does it shatter like a bottle or chip like a flower
pot?

Well, not quit sure how to answer. I've never seen a bonsai pot "shatter
like a bottle" from too much "Glass) in the clay? and they all pretty much
chip if "whacked" but high fired stoneware is more durable to chipping than
a "flower pot"

I would say if you guys give such precise information on
trees or fertiliser or insecticides,the pots should be afforded
the same.

uh...OK...again
Dale

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

offer:flower pot,Products including Ceramic Flower Pot,Imitate Porcelain Flower Pot,Wood Flower Pot,Stone Flower Pot,Imitate Stone Flower Pot,Hanging Flower Pot,Flower Pot Wall Hanging,Bonsai Pots,Root Carving&Hydroponics Pots [email protected] Texas 0 07-09-2004 07:55 PM
[IBC] Fw: [IBC] Ceramic Pots 1 Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 5 03-06-2004 06:05 PM
[IBC] Ceramic Pots Kevin Bonsai 9 29-05-2004 05:08 AM
[IBC] Ceramic Pots 1a Khaimraj Seepersad Bonsai 0 27-05-2004 10:03 PM
Ceramic pots? MystAvalon Gardening 0 25-05-2003 03:56 PM