GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] mame ZELKOVA (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/62759-re-%5Bibc%5D-mame-zelkova.html)

Jim Lewis 31-05-2004 04:08 AM

[IBC] mame ZELKOVA

problem :(
i left it at sunny place but forgot to water it for 2 days and

it's leaves
are green but fully dry and under bark tree is still green!
any chance for surviveing...and how to do it?
tnx

Well, maybe.

1. Soak the tree, pot and all. Submerge the entire thing in a
bucket of water for 15 minutes.

2. Put the tree and pot in shade.

3. ONLY water again when soil starts to feel DRY.

4. Hope you see new leaves. (2-3 weeks; if not by then, sorry .
.. .)

I sympathize. I lost 30 some trees to drying out earlier this
summer.

(Surprisingly, though, half a dozen survived -- as described
above.)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++