GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] BSF 2004 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/62967-%5Bibc%5D-bsf-2004-a.html)

Billy M. Rhodes 03-06-2004 03:11 AM

[IBC] BSF 2004

BSF 2004 is history. A great time was had by all. I came away
with a Mum shaped Chinese pot about 10 inch across and a four inch square pot
(the last as a trade).
I also have four new trees. A Ficus hetropodia that I styled in a
workshop with Mike Catrett, a Brazilian Rain Tree from Jupiter Bonsai (my second
one of these) I am not real fond of the thorns but they have an interesting
trunk and develop nice pads. I also got two medium size collected Buttonwoods.
These should make interesting subjects when the weather is warmer. I will
trim the Buttonwoods and maybe wire. I will also lime sulfur them.
Because I was "Vendor Chair" I spent a lot of time in the vendor area.
The next really big show in Florida is October 9-10 at Fairchild
Gardens in Coral Gables.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislek of Whitefish, Montana and Chase Rosade of New
Hope, PA.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++