Old 29-01-2003, 02:56 AM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjamina

Today I just got some 6" ficus cuttings and I want to know the best way to
transform them into some beautiful bonsai
Richard Jeffery - Northern Utah

Put them in a very large shallow pot, like an 8 or 10 inch plastic bulb pan, in
bonsai soil. For now, put a plastic bag over the whole thing until they root.
Keep them under fluorescent lights for the winter. In the summer, put them
outdoors in the shade & feed them heavily. In a few years you might have the
makings of a group planting. Meanwhile, get yourself a whole tree to practice
on.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much
that ain't so."
Josh Billings (Henry Wheeler Shaw), 1818-1885