Old 31-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] **** [IBC] scales (was:Killing little white spiders?)

I say nuke the spiders with some strong systemic
insecticide. 1000 little white spiders would give me
the shivers. I know they are good and kill other bugs
but 1000....... time to start the chemical treatments
on the littl buggers.

Uh, and HOW would a systemic insecticide kill the "little
buggers" when a systemic requires the target critter to ingest
plant material and spiders don't eat plants?

Arachniphobia is treatable, Sam. Pesticide poisoning often
isn't.

But then, maybe we could get George W. to worry about these 1,000
spiders and he'd mobilize . . . something.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 31-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Ben Griffin

Uh, and HOW would a systemic insecticide kill the
"little
buggers" when a systemic requires the target critter
to ingest
plant material and spiders don't eat plants?

Arachniphobia is treatable, Sam. Pesticide
poisoning often
isn't.

But then, maybe we could get George W. to worry
about these 1,000
spiders and he'd mobilize . . . something.

True but they are feeding off something, and that
something is probably eating the plant, maybe not but
if the systemic kills the bug they are feeding off
they will go away.. But jim is right if there is
nothing else there a systemic would be useless and do
more harm then good to the plant. I had a very
agressive white spider out on one of my wisteria vines
earlier this year which was amazing to watch spin its
web.

Ben

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 31-01-2003, 04:43 PM
Bart Thomas

Default [IBC] scales (was:Killing little white spiders?)

Nina.

Isn't this just what systemic insecticides were develped for?

Is there a reason we shouldn't be using them?

Thanks,

Bart (hovering over his bougainvillea with the Bonide in his hand)