GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chinese Elm breaking dormancy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/780-chinese-elm-breaking-dormancy.html)

Helena Handbasket 05-02-2003 04:55 PM

Chinese Elm breaking dormancy

How many staging areas does one need for the winter weather?? I've at least three
depending on the type of tree. Well, our weather has been very much like a roller coaster
ride. Go out at night in a T-shirt one day and it's snowing the next. My Chinese Elm has
broken dormancy and I'm afraid to leave it outside in the cold frame. Should I put it in
a unheated room and just let it go ahead and leaf out? This is my first year with this
tree and specie.

Any suggestions welcomed.

--

We have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the
night.