Old 05-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Wayne Greenleaf

Default [IBC] Plant Stands--Again

I know this response is more than a little slow, but ... Try:
Custom Made Hardwood Bonsai Stands
By Tom Scott
629 Reads Lake Road
Chattanooga, TM 37415
(423) 870-9099
Email

Tom came to the ABS convention hosted by the Greater New Orleans Bonsai
Society and had an impressive display. The club has since done business
with him and found him to be extremely honest, producing a quality product
at a fair price. To my knowledge he does not have a web-site, but does
produce a black and white product flyer.

Wayne Greenleaf - New Orleans Z9

Old 05-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

This maker of stands in on E Bay. I just received two of his stands.

One caution when ordering on E Bay, look at the sizes being offered
carefully. Some of the less expensive Chines stands are really small. Great for mame
or small accents but not much else.

http://www.whitehorsepottery.com/jims.htm

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislik of Whitefish, Montana, Chase Rosade of New Hope,
PA, and Ben Oki of California.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Alan Walker

Amen, Wayne! I bought my first bonsai stand from Tom Scott (not
the musician!) in Atlanta at the 1981 BCI convention. It was a
nice cherry wood stand which I still use.
Another fine resource is on the west coast in Oregon. Bob
Sigourney of Gresham, OR made some wonderful display stands,
including a very cool circular mame stand, which were used at BCI
'99 in Portland. I don't know, however, if Bob is still doing
this, so I won't release his address or phone number over the
list. Perhaps someone in Oregon can fill us in on that.
Alan Walker