GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Lenz visit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/784-%5Bibc%5D-lenz-visit.html)

Andy Rutledge 07-02-2003 02:47 PM

[IBC] Lenz visit

Okay, I'll try and help break the silence...
Nick Lenz left on Tuesday, after a few days spent here. He is the leader of
our little study group here and we spent the weekend playing with trees and
soaking up his instruction. It was cool stuff, as you might expect. Many
trees were started or vastly improved by his attention (although he never
cuts or wires - he let the owner do all of the work, as it should be). I
was lucky enough to host him for the next couple of days and have him wander
through my nursery. I did manage to wrangle him into helping me repot a BIG
cedar elm, in repayment for my servitude when I visited his place (at least
here, he didn't have to work in the rain). ;-) Couldn't have done it
without him.

I did manage to get photos of him working on the big elm, but missed my
opportunity to snap a few when he was playing tinker toys with my son. Oh
well...

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
zone 8, Texas