Old 07-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Colin Lewis

Default [IBC] BCI magazine

Hi All,

I am a little embarrassed because I've been of the list for over a year;
I've been so preoccupied with setting up business here in the USA and then
trying desperately to keep up with it.

My embarrassment is mad eworse by the fact that I am here to querie
something rather than to contribute.

I have just received the latest BCI magazine, and I see that in the first
article on penjing there is an illustration of a western bonsai. A European
bonsai. In fact one of my former bonsai.

Not only is this tree not a penjing, but the photograph was reproduced
without my knowledge, without credit and, as far as I am aware, without the
permission fo the copyright holder (Best of European Bonsai1).

Should I be honoured that my tree was included? I think not. Should I be
annoyed? Dunno.

Ho hum....

Colin Lewis

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-02-2003, 07:45 PM
James Harris

I think if I were you, I would be annoyed! Especially since the author of the article felt inclined not give to credit where credit is due. Just my .02 cents worth.

Jim Harris
S.E. Michigan, Zone 5b

Colin Lewis 2/7/03 2:17:25 PM

[...]

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 07-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Helena Handbasket

I'd write the magazine and ask that you be given credit.

I just got the magazine today and was a bit disappointed about the pictures in the
article not having any credits. I wanted to know who the artists were!

Glad to see you back Colin! You've been missed. (at least by me... BTW, which one is
yours?

--
¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) katie

Helena's Sim Estates
http://www.simbella.com/helena/

We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the
night.

Old 07-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Louis Brooks

I would suggest you try contacting the magazine first.
There may be a reason this was done, and if not it
will give them the opportunity to correct the problem.

Louis Brooks
Tallahassee, FL
--- James Harris wrote:
[...]

++++Sponsored, in part, by Jerry