Old 08-02-2003, 01:07 AM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] off topic - cold weather musing

Sorry for the off topic stuff, but I just finished watching Garry Kasparov
play to a draw with "Deep Jr.." Anybody else catch that or have been
following the matches? I can't believe that GK agreed to draw in such a
dominant position...

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
zone 8, Texas

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 08-02-2003, 02:40 AM
Andy Rutledge

Hmmm. Guess it was just me.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
zone 8, Texas

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 08-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Andy Rutledge

Old 08-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Neal Ross

I agree that you can learn alot from watching chess but it is kind of like
anything else, you have to have a basic understanding or else it is just two
guys moving pieces around on a board. I don't understand enough of the
strategies involved to make it interesting for me. I would rather watch
Wimbledon or the Beach Volleyball tournaments.

--I crucified my hate and
held the world within my hands--
Neal Ross-Marysville CA

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: