Old 16-07-2004, 03:03 PM

Default [IBC] The Blind Leading the Blind

Remember those Broadmoor junipers I asked about? They are in the ground and
back budding like crazy. Most of them have long ropy trunks which would be easy
to wire. Yesterday my buddy & I went to the same nursery & collected some
more of them.
I have two invitations to speak in Binghamton. On October 7, I will be giving
a talk at the Binghamton Garden Club on an introduction to bonsai. They
invited Bonsai Club/Broome County en masse. I am planning to take one of these
junipers & style it as a cascade. Then on October 18, I will be at Bonsai
Club/Broome County for their meeting. At that time, I will take the same juniper & do
a potting demonstration, then the club can raffle it off.
Here is my question. Right now the junipers are in the ground. When I go to
Binghamton obviously the demo tree has to be in a temporary pot. When is the
best time to put the tree back in a pot? Should I wait till the last minute, or
pot it up a certain amount of time beforehand?
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 16-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Dad

I would leave it alone until just before your demo. Then replant it in an
oversized plastic pot. Then move it into a bonsai pot during the demo.
Most viewers like to see a beginning-to-end operation (as if that's all
there is to creating a bonsai).
Marty

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++