GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Redwood (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/79982-%5Bibc%5D-redwood.html)

Rodger Kessler 22-07-2004 07:29 PM

[IBC] Redwood

i have a coast redwood that got frosted last fall, but was looking ok untul
recently. Now, new growth has slowed and it is looking decidedly unhealthy.
Any ideas?? Rodger Kessler
Rodger Kessler Ph.D.
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Berlin Family Health
Central Vermont Medical Center

Note: This transmission may contain confidential and/or privileged
information intended only for the addressee(s) name above. Any use,
dissemination or distribution by any person or entity other than the
addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please contact me immediately. Thank you

---

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Billy M. Rhodes 23-07-2004 12:03 PM

[IBC] Redwood

In a message dated 7/22/2004 1:36:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I have a coast redwood that got frosted last fall, but was looking OK until
recently. Now, new growth has slowed and it is looking decidedly unhealthy.
Any ideas?? Rodger Kessler

Rodger

I don't grow these but a couple of suggestions/ideas.

1. I don't think a "frost" would hurt a redwood.

2. This time of year growth will slow on many species, kind
of a summer break, especially if it has been warm/hot.

3. Tell us how you are keeping the tree, where located,
container, size, watering, fertilizer, etc.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislik of Whitefish, Montana, Chase Rosade of New Hope,
PA, and Ben Oki of California.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++