GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Kingsville Boxwood (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/80128-kingsville-boxwood.html)

John O 24-07-2004 04:02 PM

Kingsville Boxwood

I have attempted twice to grow Kingsville boxwood as bonsai. Each time
the plant seems to be thriving for about ~6 months and then suddenly
begins to die off, a section at a time. It turn brown and once it
begins to decline there is seemingly, no way to reverse the decline. I
have assumed it might be a fungal infection and treated the plants
with merit fungicide. There does not seem to any insect damage or root
damage.We are located a half block from the ocean, but others have
grown them successfully here. What's the solution short of giving it
up a loss cause?

Nina Shishkoff 26-07-2004 01:29 AM

Kingsville Boxwood

(John O) wrote in message . com...
I have attempted twice to grow Kingsville boxwood as bonsai. Each time
the plant seems to be thriving for about ~6 months and then suddenly
begins to die off, a section at a time.

I'm sitting next to an ornamental diagnostician at this workshop I'm
attending, and I read your post out loud to her. She asks:

Do you have a dog?

Apparently, this is something she's seen time and again with hedges.
If you don't have a dog, I'll think of something else......

Nina, amused.