GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] HARDINESS--Attention Brent (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/80464-re-%5Bibc%5D-hardiness-attention-brent.html)

Michael Persiano 28-07-2004 06:02 PM

[IBC] HARDINESS--Attention Brent

In a message dated 7/27/2004 9:52:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Iris Cohen writes:

Are Ulmus 'Kimmie' and 'Fuiri' hardy in the ground in Zone 5?

Iris:

I believe the answer is no. Check with Brent specifically on Fuiri. Even if the trees survive, you are likely to experience dieback in the twiggy branches.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

************************************************* *******************************
++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
************************************************* *******************************

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Iris Cohen 29-07-2004 03:25 AM

[IBC] HARDINESS--Attention Brent

Are Ulmus 'Kimmie' and 'Fuiri' hardy in the ground in Zone 5?
Iris:
I believe the answer is no.

Then I will put them back in pots in the fall.