GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Seeds for Beginners??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/80803-re-%5Bibc%5D-seeds-beginners.html)

Billy M. Rhodes 01-08-2004 05:41 PM

[IBC] Seeds for Beginners???

In a message dated 8/1/2004 11:56:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

camocarmen

As a group we discourage using seeds because it takes sooo long, but many
of the temperate species will come from seed. However, in Houston you will
not be able to keep many of the Maples and Pines happy. (Too warm) You might
try seeds of a local maple and pine. Japanese Black Pine might work. I have
raised a few tropicals from seed such as Black Olive and Fukien Tea.
At Jim Smith's nursery in Vero Beach, FL you will see Black Olive plants
sitting on trays of soil. When the seeds fall and sprout, Jim harvests the
seedlings for new plants.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++